20-21 BLUE RIVER VALLEY JR.-SR. HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC RE-ENTRY GUIDELINES
The following information is for coaches/athletes and parents as a guide for establishing Athletic Activity beginning July 6, 2020. With guidance from the DOE and the IN-CLASS COVID 19 Health and Safety Re-entry Document released on June 5, 2020, Blue River Valley Jr.-Sr. High School plans to allow JH & HS coaches the opportunity to begin athletic work outs. A reminder that these guidelines are fluid and can change daily. If changes are made by the DOE or IHSAA, Blue River Valley Jr.-Sr. High School will also adjust their Re-entry plan. In case of changes that may need to be made, Phase -2 will be announced later before the end of Phase-1.
Phase 1 (July 6-19)
- ALL SUMMER ACTIVITIES ARE VOLUNTARY
- ALL ATHLETES & PARENTS MUST BE REGISTERED IN EVENTLINK (go to Eventlink.com to register if you have not done so), HAVE A COMPLETED PHYSICAL ON FILE(if you have a physical on file from last year, you are OK unless you answer yes to a question on the IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire), AND A NEW HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE AND CONSENT & RELEASE CERTIFICATE, COMPLETED PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY.
- Parents and athletes are responsible to self-screen at home. A screening questionnaire will be given. This would include the taking of the athlete’s temperature and answering all screening questions.
- Coaches will take attendance every day. COVID screening questions will be asked and a record kept.
- Athletes are limited to 15 total hours per week on Campus (Activity + Conditioning)
- No sport may have more than 2 activity days per week and must not be consecutive days.
- Each “ACTIVITY DAY” is limited to a max. of 3 hours (6 hours total)
- “CONDITIONING (separate from activity day) is limited to 4 days per week. Each session limited to a max of 2 hours. Multiple sessions can occur each day but athletes can only attend 1 session per day.
- Athletes should wear a face mask when not participating in vigorous activities.
- Coaches, trainers, supervisors, should wear face coverings when social distancing cannot be maintained, unless under rigorous activity or poses a health risk.
- Locker rooms WILL NOT be in use
- Athletes must come dressed to participate – no sharing of clothes, towels, or water bottles
- Athletes will need to bring plenty of water with them. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Everyone MUST wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water before participating in any activity.
- Restrooms will be available.
- If using the weight room, no more than 13 athletes at a time and all surfaces must be sanitized after each group is completed and before the next group enters.
- Athletes, coaches, trainer, and administrators are allowed during activity or conditioning sessions.
- There will be no formal competition.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Athletes are expected to shower at home and wash workout clothing immediately upon returning home. Athletes that have not laundered clothing may not be allowed to participate.
- Athletic equipment used will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each day of use.
BRV Athlete Daily Covid-19 Self Screening Questionnaire(a copy of this will be given to each athlete on first day of practice)
(If you answer yes to any of these questions or have a temperature of 100⁰ or more, you are not to report to practice and should seek medical advice and notify your Coach or Athletic Director)
Upon arrival at practice, your coach will ask these questions again and if you answer yes to any of these questions or have a temperature of 100⁰ or more, you will be sent home and not allowed to practice.
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your home been tested for or diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Chills and/or Muscle Pains
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Congestion/Runny Nose